Realistically, you can’t buy a more useful pump for around the house at such a reasonable price. I have counted at least 19 ways customers have used the Superior Pump 91250 1/4 HP Utility Pump.
There are over 33,000 customer reviews of this utility pump and nearly all of them think this is a great buy for the money. Yes, there are a few negative reviews but that is to be expected for any product.
Ways To Use Superior Pump 91250
- Pools and pool covers
- Hot tubs and spas
- Fish ponds and fish tanks
- Backyard puddles
- Flooded basements
Best Value, Best Buy, Budget Priced utility pump. Check the price > Click Here Now
- Flushing vinegar through tankless water heaters.
- Washing cars
- Watering plants
- Transferring water from one tank to another.
- Basement sump pump, when used with an additional float switch.
- Pump water from a creek or lake.
- Pump out excess water from on top of a radon barrier.
- As a fountain pump.
- Pump water to a trough for horses or other animals.
- Waterfall pump.
- Pumping water from the bottom part of a driveway to prevent garage flooding.
- Pool slide water pump.
- Clean out a water softener.
Features and Benefits of the Superior ¼ HP Utility Pump
- Removes water down to 1/8th inch instead of the typical ¾ inch level for many other pumps.
- An internal screen blocks out larger dirt particles. The pump can handle particles of up to 1/8th inch size. The screen is easily removed for cleaning.
- Can lift water up to 25 feet of vertical height at 2 GPM or 120 GPH.
- Discharges water from the top of the pump instead of from the side like most pumps. This means it will fit into a smaller space than other pumps.
- The ¼ HP motor will pump a maximum of 30 GPM or 1800 GPH. At 10 feet of vertical lift the pump will provide 20GPM or 1200 GPH.
- Only uses 3.8 AMPS for lower electric bills.
- This pump is rated for continuous duty use. Plus, it is thermally protected to prevent the motor from burning out. This is important incase all of the water has been removed before the pump is unplugged.
- Made with thermoplastic which is tough and chemical resistant. It also makes this pump quite light weight.
- Only weighs 8 Pounds which makes it easy to move around as needed.
- 1-1/4″ discharge for maximum water flow and speed of draining water.
- Garden hose adapter lets homeowners use their garden hose instead of buying an additional hose.
- Sump pump operation. Just add an optional float switch.
- 10 foot cord length will reach to the bottom of most pools.
- Dimensions: Length 5.9 Inches, Width 5.4 Inches, Height 9.3 Inches. Fits in small places. Can be easily hidden in waterfalls and fountains.
- Budget priced.
- Ideal for emergency water removal.
- Cheaper than renting a pump.
- Removes water down to 1/8th inch.
- Easy to use for multiple jobs around the house.
- Fits inside of a 5-gallon bucket for easy transportation and storage.
- Fully submersible.
- Quiet operation.
- No automatic operation. Must be plugged in to start and unplugged to turn off. However, a float switch can be added to it for automatic operation.
- Discharge hose needs to be supported to prevent the pump from tipping over.
- One year warranty. Some other pumps have a 3-year warranty.
- The power cord stiffens up in cold weather.
- Does not have freeze protection.
Can I Use This as A Sump Pump?
To be used as a basement sump pump there needs to be a float switch added.
An additional benefit is that Superior Pump 91250 pumps down to 1/8th inch which is much lower than typical sump pumps. That means few cycles of the motor running, saving wear and tear on the motor.
Superior Pump 92005 25′ Tethered Float Switch for Sump Pumps. Get this now > Click Here
Clean Tankless Water Heaters Using The Superior Pump 91250
Fill a 5-gallon bucket with 4 gallons of white vinegar. Connect a standard washing machine hose from the Superior pump to the input line of the tankless water heater. Connect another washing machine hose from the water heater output line and let it drain into the bucket.
Let the Superior Pump 91250 pump the vinegar untill the water heater is clean.
Then be sure to pump clean water through the water heater and pump to remove any residual vinegar. To do this properly: Dump out the vinegar and fill the bucket with water. Pump the water out of the bucket but don’t let the water re-enter the bucket. Do this 4 or 5 times. Do not store the pump in any amount of vinegar.
Superior Pump 91660 Tankless Water Heater Descaler Pump Kit.
Easy Usage, Transportation and Storage Idea
One customer placed the pump into a kitchen colander to strain out leaves on the swimming pool cover.
The pump fits inside of a 5-gallon plastic bucket. So, drill a bunch of 1/4 inch holes around the very bottom of the bucket. The holes will let water in and filter out leaves etc. Also, the bucket provides support for the discharge hose, preventing the pump from tipping over.
The bucket handle provides easy transportation and a rope can be attached for lowering the pump into the pool.
Then the bucket provides a neat storage container when the pump isn’t needed.
Should I Buy The Superior Pump 91250?
This budget priced utility pump is more than a Best Buy recommendation – it’s a Superior Buy recommendation. This pump will handle nearly anything you can ever need it for. I want to buy this now > Click Here
Zoeller M84 Pedestal Sump Pump Review: Stay Dry and Safe