I have scoured the internet to compile customer reviews of the Model SF22A-DR perforated Jackel sump basin so you don’t have to. What was the one thing customers liked the most? The smooth surface that is so strong it doesn’t need reinforcement ribs. That means that the basin won’t dent or crush for any reason, unlike cheaper thin plastic sump basins.
Additionally, sump pumps must sit on a flat and level surface, which the Jackel sump basin provides. Customers really appreciated that the Jackel basin’s bottom does not deform under the weight of the sump pump. This permits the sump pump to operate without side-to-side movement that could prevent the float switch from operating properly.
Also, the smooth surface makes it much easier to clean than ribbed sump basins. You will appreciate this if the sump pump ever needs to be pulled out for maintenance or replacement.
This sump basin is so strong that the Jackel company provides a lifetime warranty for the original residential owner. However, commercial and industrial users are provided with a one-year warranty.
Be happy and get the best sump basin. Click Here
Where and Why to Use the Jackel Sump Basin?
The most common use of a perforated sump basin is as a part of a basement drain tile system. Which means that the top few inches of the sump basin are embedded in concrete so that the basin sits flush with the floor level.
Another use of this Jackel sump basin is for a French drain system outside of the basement to stop flood water from entering the basement. You will want the perforated basin cover that will let surface water enter the basin without having to soak into the ground first.
A similar use of the Jackel sump basin is to collect and remove water from in front of garage doors. In this case, a trench drain is installed in front of the garage door and the sump pump is placed to either side of the garage door. This is precisely what some of the Jackel sump basin customers did.
How To Install the Jackel Basin
To install the Jackel sump basin dig a pit big enough to place the basin plus several inches of gravel around the basin. That would be at least 30 inches deep and 30 inches or more wide.
When installing this basin, it would be a good idea to put landscaping filter material around the outside of the basin. That will prevent dirt from entering the sump basin and potentially plugging up the sump pump.
Also, be sure to place washed rounded rock beneath and around the sump basin. This acts as a prefilter to keep dirt away and permits water to flow easily into the sump basin.
What? No Negative Customer Reviews?
Nope. Except for a guy that wasn’t able to make the basin flex in order to squeeze it through his crawl space access opening.
Features and Benefits of The Perforated Jackel Sump Basin
- Unlike thinner and weaker sump basin brands the Jackel basin is made with a polyethylene structural foam. Don’t let that word “foam” bother you any. This is the most durable and long-lasting sump basin available.
- Light weight for easy handling at only 13.47 pounds
- Ready for an air tight cover to be attached to the non-corrosive nylon encapsulated inserts located in the basin’s rim.
- Size: 18-inch maximum interior diameter and a 24-inch exterior depth.
- The 360 Degree EZ Grab™ handle is incorporated in the basin’s rim for easy carrying and placement.
- Ready for a gas and radon tight cover that prevents odors and radon from entering the home.
- Perforated with 48 factory drilled 5/16″ diameter holes. Which lets the water easily enter the basin and prevents the basin from floating upwards.
- Water holding capacity of 22.5 gallons. Suitable for use with most sump pumps.
There isn’t a higher quality sump basin available for home use. The 18 x 24 inch size sump basin is very popular because it fits the needs of most home owners.
Commercial and industrial users may need larger sized basins depending upon water low quantities.
This Jackel sump basin is suitable for any sump pump of ½ horse power or less. Which means this is perfect for home owners that want the best and easiest to use basin. Is that you? Click Here Now
Related article: Jackel Sewage Basin Review 30-45-72-110 Gallon Comparisons